Regardless of what the Mayans say about 2012, I am so ready for the new year! Don't get me wrong; this year has been good, but good ol' me always believes that a new year has the promise to be BETTER!
Continued to work on and improve my sewing skills. Learned the ins and outs of screen printing!
Visited my family & got to spend 6 weeks in Brazil and Argentina
Helped my Mom take care of my sick grandma for a week. This was such a humbling experience.
Spent quality time with my grandpa. Have I mentioned that he is such an inspiration to me?
Went horseback riding
Continued to go to the gym and maintained my weight. Even though I had to work hard to lose the 8 lbs. I gained while on vacation. It was sort of like an Eat Pray Love type of va-cay!
Planned my first baby shower ever! You can read more about it here.
Made dinner on Thanksgiving (all by myself)
I am kicking off 2012 with operation happiness! I just need to be more positive and generally speaking happy. I know it is possible and I just need to train my mind to see that the cup IS half full.
Here is the scope:
1. Control freak no more! I need to trust those around me and accept that everyone is different and as such, does things differently. I will try to be ok when hubz does the dishes and be grateful that the dishes are done instead of looking at the grease left behind.
2. Be more disciplined: If I don't like the way those extra pounds make me feel, perhaps it is time to get up a little earlier and go jogging? The point is, I can't just wish certain things were different and don't do anything to change them. I have the power to change most of these things. It just requires compromise and sacrifice.
3. Be more forgiving. Allow myself to be perfectly imperfect. Love myself for who I am.
4. Work on my relationship: again, be more forgiving, less selfish, and believe in it again. This has been a very difficult year for me relationship-wise. We need to get on the same page. We owe it to ourselves to give it nothing but our very best and try to make it work.
5. Remove the mental roadblocks: ok, this is a big one. I have huge dreams. But I am afraid of pursuing most of them because this crazy little head of mine comes up with thousands of excuses and reasons as to why making my dreams a reality will be hard and impossible. I've realized I am my worst enemy at times. Gotta change that.
6. Realize/believe/understand that the grass is not always greener on the other side.
I hate to be such a downer, but writing this all down helps me focus on what needs to be done.
What are your plans for the new year? I would love to hear all about it.
Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart, for stopping by. Thank you for coming along on this journey with me.
I wish you and your loved ones a New Year filled with success!