|Prayer box by Maranda|
BNR stands for "BUY AND REPLACE." Someone creates a treasury on Etsy and if you want your item featured in this particular treasury, you have to buy one of the items featured in the treasury. It is so much fun: you get to meet a lot of wonderful sellers and it is a great opportunity to get some exposure.
If you are not an Etsy shop owner, it is still fun to participate because sellers usually offer tons of discounts, so you may end up getting a great deal that you would not haven gotten had you not participated.
Based on my experience, if you are a seller, the key to a successful BNR experience is:
1. Great product photography
2. Don't have the most expensive item in the treasury. You want to see what the other items are priced at and try to stay in the lower end if possible
3. Participation is super important: when I am able to participate and interact with the other people who are participating in the BNR, I sell more items.
4. BNRs are a great way to get hearts. Don't forget to heart other sellers' items and add them to your circle!
5. If people invite you to attend a BNR (and chances are they will send you invitations after your first BNR experience), go and say hi! Even if you can't play, people do appreciate the fact that you took the time to visit and favorite the treasury.
Why am I telling you all this?!?
Because tomorrow, my dear Etsy Angel sisters and I are hosting our very first BNR! We are raising money in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
I would love if you joined us between 5pm EST - 8pm EST tomorrow, Thursday 6th, 2011.
Would you like to learn more about Etsy Angels Team? Please click HERE.
Please feel free to leave a comment or email me in case you have any questions.
Thanks for stopping by. Xoxo!