Because today is a holiday (Good Friday), I hear there is an open market a few blocks away from our hotel. I will be going there shortly to look for handmade treasures. Fingers crossed everyone!!!
But before I head out, I wanted to share a cute tutorial with you. This Easter basket is super easy and inexpensive to make. If you have children, be sure to include them. This is a super fun project!
Easter Bunny Basket by Ooh Leela!
Foam sheets: orange, brown and white
1 plastic cup
permanent markers: black, red and yellow
pink eye shadow and brush
black & white paint
1. Using this template, cut an orange flower and 2 white bunnies.
2. Using the permanent markers and black paint, draw a face on both white bunnies. Use the pink eye shadow to add some color to the bunny's cheeks. Feel free to use my suggestion below or come up with your own bunny face :)
3. Using your hot glue gun, glue the orange flower to the bottom of a plastic cup.
4. Using your cup as a reference, cut a rectangle out of the brown foam sheet that is long & wide enough to cover the entire cup.
5. Add dots using white paint. Let it dry.
6. Using your hot glue gun, glue it to the cup as show below. Don't worry if you can still see some of the cup. We will use the bias tape to cover that in just a moment.
7. Forgive me, but I forgot to take pictures of the remaining steps. I was way too excited and could not wait to finish the basket.... Add bias tape to the top part of the cup.
8. Using pinking shears, cut a brown (or orange) rectangle large enough to be used as a strap. Add white dots if you wish. Glue it to the inside of the cup.
9. Make 2 bows. I used green ribbon because orange and green remind me of a carrot. Bunnies like carrots :)
10. Glue both bunny faces to the cup, one on each side.
11. Insert goodies in the cup. Perhaps even a note!
There you have it! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Easter everyone! May the Easter bunny